CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sep 18, 2011

The 1600 Quilt (Part 3): More of the Quilts

This is the final set of photos from our 1600 Quilt workshop.  I want to point out that Laurel (the wonderful photographer - thanks again, Laurel) mentioned it's probably best to avoid directional fabrics when selecting your jelly rolls for the 1600 Quilt.  She made special mention of monkeys on pogo sticks.  Aside from that, however, I think most any fabric collection works well with this pattern.  I haven't seen one that I didn't love.  What do you think of these?


I think maybe these were the monkeys to which Laurel was referring.  I gotta say, though, I think it's pretty adorable.  And I think I need some pogo stick monkey fabric.  Actually, I think everyone could use a little pogo stick monkey fabric in their stash.  Am I right?


Gorgeous colors in this one.  I don't know if she added one, but I'd love to see it with a deep chocolate brown border. 


I'm a sucker for a batik quilt, and this is no exception.  


One word for this one: Stunning!


And this one is oh so pretty in pink.

I don't know about you, but I've got some jelly rolls calling my name.  I think I may just have to have my own personal 1600 Quilt workshop.  If I lived closer, I'd invite you all over to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment